Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Much Needed Down Time

Today has been one of those days. You know the kind...a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad one. I know some days are like that, but it doesn't make them any easier. For those of you who have seen the news, Daynah's best friend is the daughter of the woman who died in the car accident in Dunlap last night. In the midst of my busy day, I found out that Jennifer had died. I wanted nothing more than to just go to the school and sit with Daynah. But I couldn't get away from work today. So, when I pulled into the driveway tonight, I started worrying about what I was going to say to Daynah and how I was going to act. I came to my room to check my email and Daynah was online. So I IMed her and asked if she wanted to play Carcassonne. So, I was able to just relax with her and play a game. What a good end to a rough day. Here are our pictures of relaxation.

Here is the finished game board.
Here are my men doing a flip because they won.
Here are Daynah's men building a pyramid.
Here are our men working together to build a bigger pyramid. We work well together, don't you think!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa..that's the best thing you could have done... I've been through this already this year with one of my students.. Hard... and praying for the family.
I read the news yesterday worried it was one ours again. Sadly it's close enough to the school my parents work very closely with.
And my neice is in the 6th grade class.
I'll be praying!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a good sister!!! I am sorry you had such a bad day. I love you, baby girl!
Be safe on your trip. I'll miss you