Saturday, November 8, 2008

Graffiti Day

My church is building a new building. Work has finally begun at the new land and some of the building is framed. So, today we had a Graffiti Day. Members were encouraged to come out and write Scripture and blessings on the steel frames. I was excited about this because I read it in a book once where someone did that to a restaurant before they opened. The graffiti will eventually get covered up and only the Lord will be able to see it anymore, but what an awesome testimony to the construction workers as they work daily to build our building. And what a fun thing to remember as we serve in the building once it is complete! I decided to write one of my favorite verses (also to the side of my blog), 1 John 3:1 "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us that we should be called children of God. And that is what we are!" I chose this verse because the way God has worked in supplying our needs to build a new place of worship, to me, shows how He has lavished His love on Bethany. God does not have to supply us with a new building, but I hope that in doing so, we can return that love by using the building to glorify Him and make His name known here in Peoria!

1 comment:

Hols said...

We recently did something like that at church too. We wrote scripture on the steps to our stage before we carpeted. Years from now when we recarpet, there they will be. So it got me thinking.... if I had chosen scripture years ago, what would it be? Its amazing how scripture speaks to you differently from year to year!