Sunday, November 23, 2008

Persistence Pays Off

Thanks to several friends who informed me that Dr. Pepper was giving away a free Dr. Pepper, I was able to finally get on the website and sign up for my free coupon! It wasn't easy! But after much trying, I am now anxiously awaiting a coupon in the mail in 4-6 weeks! : ) I almost gave up because I decided one free Dr. Pepper wasn't worth that much work. But, my persistence paid off.

I am at my brother's house surrounded by family. We had John's birthday party yesterday followed by poker night once he went to bed (an odd combination, I thought, but that apparently was the plan all along!). I did not participate in the poker game. I'm not quite confident enough in my ability to tell what beats what!

My mom and I arrived on Friday to warmer weather than Illinois, but unseasonably cool weather for Georgia. We must have brought some of the cold with us! We pulled into the driveway and my brother announced he had to go in the house for a second and to stay outside. I turned to my mom and said, "Did they get a dog?" to which my mom thought I was crazy. But sure enough, my brother comes out with a 7 month old shepherd mix on a leash. She is adorable. Her name is Zuzu. She and John get along great. He can even almost say "dog". However, the cats, Tabitha and Bucky, are not so excited to have a dog in the house. They will all adjust, Zuzu has only been in the house for a little over a week.

Pictures of the whole kit and caboodle will come either when I get home or if I download pictures to Chris and Ann's computer.

1 comment:

Hols said...

Yay for you! I got online today to get my free Dr. Pepper, only to realize it wasn't the 23rd anymore. Sigh...