Monday, November 3, 2008

Dry, Boring, and Pointless

While my posts are not normally juicy, exciting, and filled with a point (couldn't come up with the opposite of pointless), I can honestly say that I cannot think of anything to blog about. Well, I had a picture post idea but I forgot to take the picture I needed, so that will have to wait.

I was going to blog about the weird weather we are having (should I actually be wearing flip flops and a t-shirt in November?), but others have already done that.

I was going to blog about some funny client stories, but then decided that keeping confidentiality meant the stories wouldn't be that funny and they might only be funny to other therapists anyway.

I was going to blog about how I am sleeping better, but what do you add to that statement.

I was going to blog about how I skipped the Mystery Dinner and used babysitting as an excuse. But then I would have to admit that I arranged the babysitting in order to say "I was babysitting." when asked, "Why weren't you at the Mystery Dinner?" which seemed like a better answer than, "I was sitting at home watching a movie because I'm a party pooper and don't like to dress up for things." In all honesty, I have been meaning to offer babysitting services to a couple of couples in the church and this seemed like a good opportunity. Let me just tell you, almost three year olds are very entertaining people. And I'm sure I had just as much fun as those at the Mystery Dinner. I bet they didn't get to listen to Veggie Tales Action Songs or play with Play dough or cuddle with a 4 month old or do puzzles or get a lesson from a 3 year old on why you can't feed a four month old pizza for dinner!

I was going to blog about the fact that my friend Danell is scheduled to have her twin girls next Monday, but again, that would be about all I could say. And to add that I wish I didn't live so far away from Texas and I have no idea when I am going to be able to go and visit.

I could blog about how I spent the evening (literally well over an hour) reading a blog of a woman I do not know, but wouldn't that sound pathetic. But it fascinated me because her profile says she is the mother of seven, soon to be 12. Her and her husband have 4 biological kids, 3 adopted kids, and are in the process of adopting a sib group of 5! If that wasn't enough, it went on to say that the sib group are ages are 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1. Her three adoptive kids are 5, 4, and 2. When you do the math that equals 8 kids under the age of 5!!!! Needless to say, I got sucked in to reading more about her story. Turns out I had gotten sucked in to reading her blog earlier this year or late last year for an evening also. Fascinating reading.

Apparently I had a lot to blog about after all : )!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

or you could blog about how much you miss your dear friend Ashley who moved far away to a place called Missouri and how you are so sad because you miss her so so much.