Saturday, November 15, 2008

Superb Saturday

Yesterday, I again was able to take the day off of work. I slept in and did some reading in the morning. Then I met Jill, my discipleship leader, for lunch. We just started reading a new book, The Discipline of Grace, by Jerry Bridges. A very interesting first chapter. It talked about the good-day/bad-day mentality of Christians. On our good days, we believe we have done enough to merit God's favor on our lives. But on our bad days, we do not feel worthy to approach Him. Bridges says that even on our best days, we should not feel worthy to approach Him, but through God's grace, given to us when we become believers, He has allowed us the privelege to approach Him through Jesus, not through anything we have done.

Then I did some Christmas shopping and went to get a haircut. Then I hung out with Kari at her new house for about an hour. Then I got to go babysit Tyler! We had a lot of fun. I had forgotten how much I enjoy babysitting until I have been able to do it twice in the last month.

Today was another fairly lazy day. I slept in, read in bed for awhile, spent some time with the Lord, cleaned my bathroom (which even included mopping the floor!), mopped the kitchen floor, and vacuumed my room and the living room. Then I finished a puzzle I had started last night. Now I am laying on the couch, snuggled under a blanket, and as soon as I finish this, I will continue to read a book that I've been reading all week. I'm also contemplating what I want to wear ice skating tonight. It's always a dilemma because I'm always warm once I start skating, but cold if I'm not moving. What to do, what to do...

No comments: