Sunday, May 27, 2012

Graduation--a week late

I'm a little late posting these pictures, but I've been spending time with the family. I am still in a bit of denial that Daynah has graduated. It seems like just yesterday that I received the call from Dad and Amy that they were pregnant. I still remember it. I was so excited to be a big sister. Here are a few pictures of those times of being a big sister:

And then she grew up!  And I couldn't give her piggy back rides any longer.  And then she kept growing.  And growing.  And growing.  You get the point.  :)  And now she is a high school graduate.  Yikes!  Here is a picture of her class.  My camera didn't take very good pictures, so this is the only one I took.  Can you find Daynah?
Here is a picture of the two of us, with her still in her gown:
Here we are at her party.  Notice I'm a little bit taller?  I was on my tip toes!
And here I am with my two younger (but obviously taller) siblings (and now I am not on my tiptoes):
I didn't get to see much of Josh the week they were here because he was spending time with friends.  But I saw him all day on Sunday.  And I cried when I left that night.  He walked me to my car, to make sure the "burglars" didn't get me, opened my car door for me, and then just stood and chatted with me for a few minutes.   Man, do I miss that kid!

So, Daynah, the graduate.  I am so excited to see what she will make of herself in the next couple of years.  I can look back on that graduation year and think about all the things I didn't know!  But also all the fun memories I made in the next couple of years.  And as I am typing this now, I'm realizing that I would have been on a cruise (my graduation present to myself) right about now.  Like I said, fun times, fun memories.  And it all seems like a lifetime ago.  I hope that Daynah cherishes these times and realizes the memories she can make in the coming years.

No comments: