Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

Silly or sentimental?  That's always the choice when picking out Mother's Day cards or Birthday cards for Mom.  I never know.  Some years I have done both because I couldn't decide!  We'll just have to see where this post takes me, because I am flying by the seat of my pants today!  Dangerous, I know.  Maybe I should have had a 3 point outline for this post.  First, some pictures from last year's Y-Me walk.  I didn't get up to Chicago this year to participate:

Mom. She's been there through thick and thin for the last 32 years (Heehee...I almost put 33!).  She has seen me silly, angry, sad, lonely, excited, tired, mischievous, sullen, frustrated, confused, happy, ecstatic, talkative, refusing to talk, etc.  You name the feeling, I wear it on my sleeve, especially when my mom is around.  She has seen my eye roll probably more than anyone else...and more than she deserves!  Things that I love about my mom:
1.  She is sold out in this position.  I know she will drop anything for me if I ever ask.
2.  She is a great listener.  She may want to solve my problems, because she is my mom, but she will listen first.
3.  She is always my champion.  She cheers the loudest and is the most excited when things are going well.
There is so much more to this list, but no amount of words could express what she means to me, so I will leave it at that!

Thank you for being you, MOM!  I LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sniff, Sniff! Thanks Teresa for the kind words! I love you so much. This post brought tears to my eyes. I am so thankful for you being in my life! I love you to the moon and back!