Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My memory...it's a going!

It's amazing how I forget certain things!  Like my PIN (but don't worry, we're not revisiting that really).  In all the posting about Daynah's graduation and graduations in general, I forgot to mention that this year is a milestone year for me in regard to graduations.  I graduated from high school 15 years ago!  It's kind of hard to believe, but it is true.  And do you know how I came to this realization?  I'm sure you really want to know (although, I have to warn you, sometimes it is scary to learn how my mind works).  I was driving in my car, flipping through my button that tells me mileage, miles per gallon, temperature, and oil level.  When I got to the one that says I have almost 103,000 miles on my car, I remembered the conversation I had with my mom this weekend where she informed me that she has about 118,000 miles on her car.  She is looking to buy a new car soon because hers is OLD.  But I couldn't remember how old.  I was convinced it was 13 years, so I started thinking about when she got her car.  And I realized she got it the year I graduated from college (because I got her old car).  And then I did the math.  And I realized that it was 15 years.  And then I said, "Oh my gosh, I graduated from high school 15 years ago!"  And then I got sad for two reasons.  If I think mom's car is OLD, that means I am OLD.  And also because I realized that my car is 10 years younger than hers and has almost the same amount of miles.  And that is how my mind works...sometimes...

No comments: