Saturday, July 19, 2014

Birthday Month

There's a reason I celebrate my birthday month. It's kind of hard not to do, when you literally have a birthday activity every week of your birthday month. :)

Last weekend I was back in Chicago for my cousin's wedding reception, so we celebrated my birthday Friday.  I walked into the house at 5:45 and as soon as Michael saw me, he started saying "Happy Birthday, Aunt Teresa."  "It your birthday."  "Happy Birthday."  And trying to carry all of my presents to me.  Literally before I put any of my stuff down!  Too bad for him we had to wait a couple of hours to open those presents.  He would wander over to them occasionally and pick up the big one, "It heavvyyy."  Whenever I would ask him what he thought it was, he would say a birthday cake! :)

Once Chris and Ann got home from work, we had burgers and corn on the cob for dinner.  And then "we" opened presents.  Really John and Michael devoured my presents while I tried to stay out of the way.  I barely got to look at what was opened before they grabbed the next one and started opening.  We had to slow them down a couple of times.  My family blessed me with many great gifts!

After presents we had dessert--Ann's homemade apple pie and ice cream.  I have never been a big pie fan, but if I could have a slice of Ann's apple pie every day, I would.  They put candles in the pie and sang happy birthday.  Michael and John were also going to help me blow out the candles.  I wish I could have gotten a picture of me face palming Michael away so that he wouldn't blow them out too early!  :)

Here are some pictures we tried to stage of me getting a birthday kiss over my apple pie.  Chris finally had to take a video and then snapshot it because we couldn't get Michael to understand what it meant to hold the pose!  I love those fishy lips.

After pie, we went outside for a little while and played badminton, which I haven't done in ages, but I still love.  John is just learning and it is fun to see how much fun he has playing.

And then we watched the Lego movie 624 times over the next two days.  But I didn't mind because it meant we weren't watching Sponge Bob!

Yesterday my coworkers and I went to Flat Top for my birthday lunch.  And next week, Dad and Amy will be in town and I think they are bringing my present with them, so I'll mini-celebrate with them. Next week is also Daynah's birthday, so I will gladly step down from my birthday month so that she can celebrate her birthday!  She only has another 4 days as a teenager!

No comments: