Sunday, July 6, 2014

Happy Birthday To Me!

 I was a dork and wrote a Happy Birthday message for myself on my bathroom mirror.  But it made me smile every time I went into the bathroom yesterday!  My birthday was a quiet day, which is always nice.  It started with a book and breakfast.  I had lunch with a friend.  And then I got together with some friends for good conversation, food, and games.
 I was excited to get to wear jeans on my birthday.  As much as I love my birthday, God is kind of funny to have me be born in my least favorite season.  So, jeans were welcome.  As was the 78 degree weather.  As I put on Facebook yesterday, it was a birthday miracle!
 It has kind of become a tradition that I make a new recipe for my birthday.  Mom was telling  me about this smores dessert that she had made a couple of weeks ago, and since I love all things smores, I decided to try it.  It was REALLY good.  And really easy to make.  I will definitely be taking this to get-togethers in the future.  Kari also had leftover eclair dessert, which is one of my favorites, so she brought that too.  And we had mint chocolate chip ice cream.  And chips and salsa.  The girls even sang to me and put a candle in the smores dessert! :)

Ginger was gracious enough to host my party last night.  Her kids were out of town, but they got to pick out my birthday balloons.  This is a day-after the party picture so the balloons are on the ground.  Taylor also wanted me to have some of her tootsie rolls from her parade candy because she knows how much I love tootsie rolls. So they were in a bowl with all the desserts.

All in all, it was a day filled with the blessings of phone calls, text messages, Facebook messages, cards, and face-to-face birthday messages from friends.  I love that my friends and family humor my love of my birthday and enjoy celebrating with me!

No comments: