Sunday, November 18, 2007

Give Thanks!

What a weekend to be inundated with reasons to be thankful! Stress is not a good thing, especially when you bring it on yourself. So, today in church Pastor Lyall preached on thankfulness and then this evening we had the feast of thanks. Thanksgiving is not my favorite holiday, but I appreciate the holiday for the simple fact that it gets me thinking about what I have to be thankful for. The busyness of life often sneaks in and I forget that my life is a bed of roses compared to the lives of so many others.

Pastor Lyall had us say Psalm 100 today as a congregation. It is one of my favorite psalms!

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

5 comments:

stormhuse said...

I am thankful for friends who are still my friends despite my flaws!

And I'm thankful that your mom told us about your nickname, Baby Girl...

Anonymous said...

Yeah what a great sermon yesterday! Good to be reminded to be thankful in ALL circumstances! Psalm 100 is one of my favs. Thanks for sharing it!

Kari said...

I'm thankful for Teresa!

Teresa said...

Storm, I don't think Baby Girl has quite the same ring coming from you. It's kind of weird actually!

Mom, you are in soooo much trouble for sharing that nickname on my blog. Do I need to start screening your comments before you post them?!

Anonymous said...

Dear Baby Girl, what would a mom be if not someone to share with your friends. You are one of the most fortunate people I know. You are so very lucky to have so many friends. I am thankful for you. I am thankful for your brother, sister in law (though we don't say in law anymore) and of course for a heathy adorable grandson. This Thanksgiving holds a special time for us.
Thank you, Teresa, for being you! I love you and am so very proud of you.
Love always, Mom