Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Around the world in 80 days

Or something like that. I am now successfully recovered from my trip to Virginia! We had a great time! We left Kari's house at about 3:45 on Friday. We picked up Kevin at 4 and arrived at Josh's about 15 minutes early. Always a good sign to start off a trip early. We travelled through the night in order to get to Kristi's graduation on time. Barring all disasters and two minor detours (okay, one wasn't so minor, but it was an honest mistake), we arrived at the hotel where Kari's parents were staying at 7:45. We had to be at graduation by 8:30. We made it just in time to see Kristi as she was lining up to process in. Graduation was outside and we had been afraid that it was going to rain, but it was beautiful outside. Chuck Norris spoke at the graduation. I'm still not sure what to make of it, but it was rather entertaining. On a side note, no one believes me anymore, but I've actually gotten my picture taken with Chuck Norris once. He did a book signing at the LifeWay in Texas where I worked, and the staff was able to take a picture with him. I, of course, do not have a copy of that picture, but I called my former boss after graduation to request a copy : ). We then attended a smaller graduation where Kristi was able to walk across the stage and receive her diploma. It was fun to watch, but I must admit, at that point we were all getting rather tired. We then went back to the hotel and were able to take a very brief nap before going to lunch at the restaurant where Kristi works. We then went to Kristi's house where we were able to take another nap while Kristi packed some things. We loaded the trailer and one of the cars. Then we got to eat dinner at Chick-fil-a (boy was I excited because that was not in the original plans for the weekend). Then we stayed up way too late playing Wii. But it was fun to get some last Wiiing in since Kristi gets to keep it this summer (Wii is a standard Girl's Night activity for us). We got up way too early on Sunday (okay, it was really 7:00) in order to go to church before we left. Then we drove for 15 hours and arrived back at home around 1am. It was a quick trip, but after it was all said and done, I say I would do it a 3rd time. I started and finished Prince Caspian on the way home. So now I am fully prepared to see the movie this weekend when it comes out! So there you have it, my trip in a nutshell! I would post pictures, but apparently I didn't take any : ). Any questions?

1 comment:

Kari :o) said...

you totally took a graduation chaos video but no pictures?