Monday, May 5, 2008

"Bomt" and other famous words by Teresa

The year is 1986. I am very smart and a great writer. Don't worry, you haven't gone back in time, I am just setting the stage. Amidst the papers that I found in the box that mom gave me were several journal pages from school in 1986. Do you remember when you were learning to write and your teacher made you write in a journal every day? Well, here are some entries. By the way, none of the entries have punctuation. I will translate as best I can after each entry.

Jan 22: "My mom is happy bet i em not beocs I bomt my haed today." Translation: My mom is happy but I am not because I bumped my head today.

Feb 3: "My naem is Teresa I like school a lot it is fon to lorn all the werk My fands play with me a lot it is Feb. 3 We are werking all day We go to jim a lot avre day but sometomes we go aut saed sometomes Love Teresa" Translation: My name is Teresa. I like school a lot. It is fun to learn all the work. My friends play with me a lot. It is Feb. 3. We are working all day. We go to gym a lot every day but sometimes we go outside sometimes. Love, Teresa.

Feb 7: "...I love my dog a lot some boys ran a lot and a lot do you like the boys I do not and I like school a lot It is fun to have a lot ov finds." Translation: I love my dog a lot. Some boys run a lot and a lot. Do you like the boys? I do not. And I like schol a lot. It is fun to have a lot of friends.

Feb 11: "I love you mom I love you Dad I love my dog to I do not love my bortr He is not nice to me..." Translation: I love you mom. I love you Dad. I love my dog too. I do not love my brother. He is not nice to me.

Tues 18 (not sure of what month): "are spaleieg wrs for today are green, teeth, leaf, and three..." Translation: I should have learned how to spell spelling words : )

Side note: Spell check really did not like my journal entries!

4 comments:

stormhuse said...

How come on Feb 7th you still mispelled school in the translation?

stormhuse said...

Only comment two days in a row.

Does that mean I win?

Your faithful reader,
Storm

Meneses said...

what grade were you in? you are soooo cute.... "I love my mom and dad. I do not like my brother." LOL

Hols said...

Okay - So I've realized I haven't read your blog since early March...I'm trying to read them in order. I'm going to have to stop here for the night, but I had to comment! Too cute! I made my 1st graders write in journals every week as well. I saw a lot of "I love my mom. I love my dad." It's nice to know parents keep up with those things! Made me want to go back to teaching 1st and 2nd grade!