Sunday, May 4, 2008

My trip in MPG

I went to Bloomingdale to see my mom's new apartment this weekend. It was a quick 24 hour trip. Here is the trip in miles per gallon (remember I drive a hybrid). I got really good mileage the whole way, which is exciting coming out of a long winter.

Total miles travelled: approximately 320. MPG at the end of the trip: 43.5. Gas tank: still 1/3 full.

Route taken: I travelled up 24, took 17 through Lacon to 39. Took 39 to 80, 80 to 55, and 55 to 355.

On 24 and 17 I got really good gas mileage. I think it was right around 51mpg. While on 17 I felt like I was going really slow, but was actually exceeding the speed limit (I won't say by how much!). Once I got on 39 I realized that the reason I was getting great gas mileage and that I felt like I was going really slow was because the wind was pushing me! Once on 39, the wind was hitting the side of my car and blowing like crazy. I lost about 9mpg on that leg of the trip. But then once I got on 80 it went back up to about 45mpg. Overall, I was really impressed. I usually average about 38-40mpg, but I don't think I've ever had 1/3 of a tank of gas left at the end of a trip to see my mom. I know I've had to fill up when I leave and was on empty when I got back before. Yeah for hybrids!

Oh, and mom's apartment is SO cute! I am so excited for her to have her own place again. She sent me home with a box of really random stuff of mine (most of my stuff from GA is still in boxes in my grandma's basement. I'm going to go get it at a later date. Anyone want to road trip to Chicago?), so I'll have to tell you guys later what was in the box.

Addendum to my last post: I never meant it to be a debate between Facebook or my blog. I'd definitely keep my blog, but that is one of the decisions that is difficult because blogs already take up so much of my time and I don't want Facebook to consume even more of my time! And Danell is right, just because I'm considering it doesn't mean its imminent. It actually means that it will probably take me another year. I have to "talk it out" a lot before I actually make the decision. My blog was probably the one exception, and most people were very shocked to hear I had started one. Pressure from others actually doesn't work in favor of the process going any faster : ) I'm just glad that most people still like me, quirks and all!

1 comment:

stormhuse said...

Yes, join facebook. Much easier to share pics...