Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Week's Worth of Updates

I have been in an extremely bad mood for the better part of a week (with residual effects going back a couple of weeks). I decided to wait to blog until I was in a better mood so that you would not have to be exposed to my bad mood even through veiled statements. All of that to say, I think I am on the mend! Sometimes I really hate being a girl and having to suffer through emotional stuff! You'd think that after almost 30 years, I'd have come up with a quick solution and could fix it every time. Oh, if it were only that simple!

I have continued to exercise, although not as frequently as I had the first week. I get around to it about 3 or 4 days a week, which I don't think is too bad. Here is what I have learned though. Through the years people have given me multiple reasons to exercise. I would just like to say, they were all wrong! :) Here are the things I used to hear from people and the reasons after a month that I think they are wrong:

1. Exercise will help you sleep better. Everyone knows my trouble sleeping, but let me tell you, exercise has not helped me sleep better. Lucky for all of you that it hasn't, as of yet, made me sleep worse!

2. Exercise will help you lose weight. Okay, I know this one is true, but I honestly have felt like I've gained some flab in the last month. But, I won't argue that if I keep it up, it will eventually go away.

3. Exercise will help you stay healthier. Hmmm...then why am I battling ANOTHER cold after only being well for about a month????

4. Exercise will help you feel better about yourself and give you more energy. Nope. I'm pretty sure that I hear my bones creak even more than I used to. And I. AM. ALWAYS. SORE.

So, there's my list :) And I know the first thing that is going to come out of all your mouths "Give it more time." "It will get better." "I'm so proud of you." Thank you for those words of encouragement. This is not me saying I'm quitting. I do actually like the exercise tape more than I thought I would and I have gotten to rollerblade a couple times in the last week. I just wanted you guys to know how things were going!

Yesterday, I was able to eat 2 of my 3 meals outside! I was very excited. I was at another training for work and we went out for Jill's birthday as a team. We went to Jalepeno's and were able to sit on their patio. It was a little windy, but I managed to not spill anything on myself! Then, I went to the fam's house for steak, potato and carrot packets, and grilled pineapple. Yummy! Then we played Hand and Foot, a very fun card game that they taught me about a month ago. And then we opened Dad's birthday present--the Germany version of Ticket to Ride. It was great fun. Dad said I could borrow it sometimes for game nights!

I think that's all I have for now. I need to go finish cleaning. I'm still debating whether dusting is on the agenda for the day. I'm thinking no, but we'll see! :) Have a blessed Saturday!

2 comments:

Erika said...

I have the ticket to ride card game...haven't played it yet.
The running is good. This week, i got no running in, but walked several miles twice. And then stood on my feet today for 8 hours at a track meet. I want to go running now, but I'm way exhausted.

Mom said...

Most times, exercising will build muscle so that is why you are feeling you are not losing weight or inches. You are correct, I am going to say how proud of you I am that you are keeping it up. Three or four times a week is plenty to do. Nicer weather is coming so it will be more enjoyable for you to be outside.