Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 2 in Dallas

Well, after arriving on Day 1, Lisa and I ran some errands at Target and then went to her apartment to veg. We started season 4 of Gilmore Girls. We may or may not have gotten through half the season between all of our exciting excursions...okay, so I think we did get through 8-12 episodes, not that we were counting!

Lisa took Friday off of work, so we had lots of fun stuff on the itinerary. First up was a trip to the Dallas World Aquarium. It was just as good as I remembered it. Here are just a few picture highlights: The major difference between the Dallas Aquarium and the Atlanta Aquarium is that there are more than water exhibits in Dallas. It is very open air with birds flying around and lots of lush foliage. The waterfall behind us is one of my favorite parts.
We found Nemo in his anemone!
For some reason, I really enjoyed the flamingos this time around. God sure created an interesting bird in them!
Lisa made a new friend!
After the aquarium, we went to lunch in downtown Grapevine. A very quaint city with a fun downtown. We did a lot of browsing through gift shops after lunch. Lisa bought me a souvenir magnet that says "HOWDY" on a Texas license plate! It was interesting because I really felt like I was on vacation in a place I had never been! After the heat of the afternoon, we went back to Lisa's apartment and vegged some more. That evening friends from seminary came over and hung out/played games. Besides Lisa, I hadn't seen any of my Texas friends since Diana and Andrew's wedding two years ago!
We celebrated everyone's birthday with cake, cupcakes, and party favors! Bruce (the shark) even came out of hiding to party with us!
We played Rummikub. This is how many tiles I had before I was able to lay down! I don't think it has ever taken me that long before!
Oddly enough, the game that entertained us the most was "keep the balloon in the air." Celeste and Andrew were really getting into it and finally had to stand up! We worked ourselves up to 3 balloons. The two blue ones might have hit the ground this round because I was falling down on my job and taking pictures! Much fun and fellowship was had by all!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Great pictures. I love the one of you and Lisa