I have to take a break from the Christmas posts to recognize a milestone achievement...my 1,000th blog post. I know, crazy right? So, as usual, here are some things you might not know about me (or care to know!)
1. I have a pretty OCD nature. I don't like when pictures are crooked or things don't line up the way they should. I like symmetry. Every year I put the picture Christmas cards on the refrigerator. But I have to tape them on so they are all straight.
2. I always take out my contacts left first, then right. And I put them in the same way.
3. In the shower, I always do things in this order: shampoo, wash body, rinse shampoo, condition, wash face, rinse conditioner, shave my legs.
4. I am extremely sentimental and will keep things that just clutter because they have sentimental value, even if they are ridiculous things to keep.
5. I would love to sky dive someday but don't know if I can now that my body doesn't let me do things such as ride roller coasters. It makes me feel more than a little bummed.
6. If I hadn't become a therapist, I would have been an elementary teacher. I don't know if I would have been good at it because I have a hard time commanding a room full of kids.
7. I've drunk chocolate milk for breakfast every morning (well, most mornings) since I was in 6th or 7th grade. I think I have really strong nails because of it.
8. I have a fear of being suffocated and can feel randomly claustrophobic. If anyone remembers the commercial where the kid sucks himself into a bottle--I used to have trouble watching that when it came out because I felt like his breath was more than anyone could take and then he was in a small, confined space.
9. Also because I am randomly claustrophobic, my feet have to be able to get out of the covers. I can't sleep in a bed where the sheets are tucked in and I can't sleep in a sleeping bag. When I use a sleeping bag, I have to have a sheet/blanket and unzip the sleeping bag to the bottom corner.
10. Although I like snow, I don't like the crunching sound it makes when it is packed down and you walk on it. Kind of like nails on a chalkboard in my opinion.
11. I have a hard time covering up old pictures with new ones. I'd rather just buy another frame and find another place to put the picture. But when I do replace pictures, I always leave the old one in the frame behind the new one. It's a fun surprise the next time you replace a picture. Some of my frames have 3 or 4 pictures behind the one you can see.
12. I will almost always drink more water if it is in a bottle of some sort rather than a glass/
13. I like my soda really cold. I keep my Dr. Pepper in the fridge and still put ice in the glass when I pour the can into a cup. I also prefer it in a plastic or styrofoam cup rather than a glass.
14. I keep my competitive side in check. I'm pretty laid back when playing games and don't really care if I win most of the time, but when I realize it is likely that I can win, I get really excited.
15. When I color, I have a hard time when kids want to help me because it's "my" picture. For the most part, I can get over it, but every once in a while I try to redirect them to their own picture so that I can keep mine to myself. Have I mentioned that I can be pretty selfish? And OCD?
16. I love to write but cannot keep a journal to save my life. I'm too much of a perfectionist. If I write in a journal, I want to be able to do it every day. And if I get behind, I feel like I have to keep up. This blog was my attempt to remedy that, and 1,000 posts later, I guess it has worked.
Five-week virtual Bible study—no homework!
5 days ago