Saturday, January 4, 2014

1,000

I have to take a break from the Christmas posts to recognize a milestone achievement...my 1,000th blog post.  I know, crazy right?  So, as usual, here are some things you might not know about me (or care to know!)

1.  I have a pretty OCD nature.  I don't like when pictures are crooked or things don't line up the way they should.  I like symmetry.  Every year I put the picture Christmas cards on the refrigerator.  But I have to tape them on so they are all straight.

2.  I always take out my contacts left first, then right.  And I put them in the same way.

3.  In the shower, I always do things in this order: shampoo, wash body, rinse shampoo, condition, wash face, rinse conditioner, shave my legs.

4.  I am extremely sentimental and will keep things that just clutter because they have sentimental value, even if they are ridiculous things to keep.

5.  I would love to sky dive someday but don't know if I can now that my body doesn't let me do things such as ride roller coasters.  It makes me feel more than a little bummed.

6.  If I hadn't become a therapist, I would have been an elementary teacher.  I don't know if I would have been good at it because I have a hard time commanding a room full of kids.

7.  I've drunk chocolate milk for breakfast every morning (well, most mornings) since I was in 6th or 7th grade.  I think I have really strong nails because of it.

8.  I have a fear of being suffocated and can feel randomly claustrophobic.  If anyone remembers the commercial where the kid sucks himself into a bottle--I used to have trouble watching that when it came out because I felt like his breath was more than anyone could take and then he was in a small, confined space.

9.  Also because I am randomly claustrophobic, my feet have to be able to get out of the covers.  I can't sleep in a bed where the sheets are tucked in and I can't sleep in a sleeping bag.  When I use a sleeping bag, I have to have a sheet/blanket and unzip the sleeping bag to the bottom corner.

10.  Although I like snow, I don't like the crunching sound it makes when it is packed down and you walk on it.  Kind of like nails on a chalkboard in my opinion.

11.  I have a hard time covering up old pictures with new ones.  I'd rather just buy another frame and find another place to put the picture.  But when I do replace pictures, I always leave the old one in the frame behind the new one.  It's a fun surprise the next time you replace a picture.  Some of my frames have 3 or 4 pictures behind the one you can see.

12.  I will almost always drink more water if it is in a bottle of some sort rather than a glass/

13.  I like my soda really cold.  I keep my Dr. Pepper in the fridge and still put ice in the glass when I pour the can into a cup.  I also prefer it in a plastic or styrofoam cup rather than a glass.

14.  I keep my competitive side in check.  I'm pretty laid back when playing games and don't really care if I win most of the time, but when I realize it is likely that I can win, I get really excited.

15.  When I color, I have a hard time when kids want to help me because it's "my" picture.  For the most part, I can get over it, but every once in a while I try to redirect them to their own picture so that I can keep mine to myself.  Have I mentioned that I can be pretty selfish?  And OCD?

16.  I love to write but cannot keep a journal to save my life.  I'm too much of a perfectionist.  If I write in a journal, I want to be able to do it every day.  And if I get behind, I feel like I have to keep up.  This blog was my attempt to remedy that, and 1,000 posts later, I guess it has worked.

No comments: