Friday, January 31, 2014

A Surprise in the Mail

I should have saved this until a Thursday, because then I could have been one of those "cool" people who do throwback Thursday and post old pictures. But I'm not that cool. And I was too excited to wait. My mom told me last weekend that she had something she was going to send me in the mail but did not say what it was. I thought about it some because I didn't think there was anything we had discussed that she was going to send, so I was super excited when the knock came on the door today and I found this:
This is one of my favorite pictures of my brother and I.  My mom has had it displayed for years in her house in this cute little heart frame.  Several years ago, I was going to scan it for myself, but I couldn't get it out of the frame because it was stuck to the glass.  I was so sad, knowing that I couldn't have my own copy.  Then, at Christmas, when Mom was putting away Christmas decorations and putting out the regular stuff, the frame broke.  At that point I was super sad, thinking the picture wouldn't even be displayed at Mom's house.  Apparently, my brother was able to get the picture out and they scanned it so I could have a copy!!!!

1982 at one of my aunt's weddings.  I am 3 and my brother is 5 1/2.  Aren't we cute?!  I love my little sailor-style dress (with the collar and long bow in front) and my brother's blue pants.

And as a bonus, a throwback for most of you...the flip phone on the side of the picture!  Still in use by me, of course, because I don't do anything in the same decade as everyone else.

No comments: