Sunday, October 21, 2007

Go to the Mattresses

I have been instructed to update my blog! So, all of you who think that I'm ALWAYS stubborn and do the exact opposite of what you tell me to do, please note that the only reason I am posting today is because someone told me I needed to! Because I have nothing really to post about, but here goes...

We had a retreat at church today and Pastor Fred referenced the quote from The Godfather "Go to the mattresses." I have to admit, the only reason I know this quote is because it is quoted in You've Got Mail : ). And as soon as Pastor Fred quoted the line, I immediately pictured the conversation between Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. And then she has a conversation with her boyfriend. My favorite line is "what is it with men and The Godfather?!" Maybe I should actually watch The Godfather so I can picture the quote from the actual source, or maybe I don't really care!

7 comments:

jafortiori said...

What is it with women and bad movies?

During mafia wars, it was not safe for men to sleep at home where their enemies can find them. So they would buy a bunch of used mattresses and put them in an empty warehouse or other hideout.

Pastor Fred was saying we need friends who are willing go to war with us and fight with us.

goodreads.com is a great site ;-)

julie said...

wow. i didnt know that was where that came from. very useful information.
but i totally thought of you've got mail, too, so im glad i wasnt the only one.

Teresa said...

What is it with men and "social networking groups"? You've Got Mail is not a bad movie. It mentions great literature...Pride and Prejudice, the shoe books (which actually exist...I have read one of them). Plus, it's all about books!

stormhuse said...

Termfor - definitely worth using a friday or saturday night watching the godfather. I'd recommend just grabbing the first one, it's long, so it'll take your whole evening. But so good...

Either that or Princess Diaries 2.

stormhuse said...

And what's You Got Mail?

Teresa said...

I don't know what You Got Mail is...But You've Got Mail is what your computer says when you sign on to AOL. It's also a movie with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. : )

Anonymous said...

Storm, don't even try to act like you don't know what "You've Got Mail" is! You know it's your favorite movie...well that and "Moulin Rouge" and "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!"