Thursday, October 11, 2007

Not a Perfect Analogy...

At Bible study tonight we were talking about the sovereignty of God. We were discussing how God has control of everything and Satan only has whatever control God allows him to have, specifically looking at Job 1-2 and Luke 22:31. I gave the analogy of a game of Mother May I. It is as if Satan is saying, "God may I have control over Teresa's finances?" And God is saying, "Yes you may have control over Teresa's finances but you are not allowed to cause her to go into debt." Like I said, not a perfect analogy, but it works. Satan can only work within the parameters that God gives him. What an awesome God we serve that He has a plan for our lives and nothing can thwart His plan!

1 comment:

stormhuse said...

Thanks for bring over the desserts tonight... I'm sure Kevin really appreciated it.

And the cookies were good...

Finished your Thailand application yet? Me neither.