Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Kids Crack Me Up

Here's a funny, laugh at Teresa if you want, story (I'm only giving you permission to laugh because I was laughing)...one of Daynah's friends goes to Bethany and her little sister is in AWANAS with me. Maddie is having a hard time wrapping her mind around the fact that I am Daynah's sister and 28 and shorter than her sister (let's face it, that could confuse anyone!). So, tonight she was asking me lots of questions...did you go to college...did you live in a dorm...are you married...oh, yeah, I guess you are old enough to drive... Then she has this puzzled look on her face and says "It's just kind of hard to understand that you can be that short and still be that old" (that's a rough paraphrase). As I am laughing at her, she then informs me that she doesn't mean it in a mean way because after all God made me short, so it must be okay!

5 comments:

stormhuse said...

Wait, you're tall enough to drive?

stormhuse said...

Oh, and this morning there was a guy who was using a small electric hand saw to trip some small trees in front of my building. Sorry, but I think he's married...

Teresa said...

Actually, I sit on a couple phone books and have blocks strapped to the pedals...

Erika said...

If only Tall people could live in our shoes for a day, teresa.....

Erika said...

My students find it hard that I'm an adult...It's ok, I just explain to them, that i do the same things everyone else does...sometimes just different. But just because I'm short doesn't mean I'm not capable of living a life of adulthood whether people believe or disbelieve.