Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Characters in books ARE real people!

One of my favorite sets of books is The O'Malley series by Dee Henderson.  She just recently released a book that is prequel to a prequel (sort of).  There is a prequel to the O'Malley series, Danger in the Shadows.  One of the characters from that book shows up in the O'Malley series.  The series is about 7 men and women who grew up in an orphanage and adopted each other when they turned 18, changing their names to become a family.  6 of the siblings have their own book.  The story of the youngest is told throughout the 6 books.  Except when she is introduced she announces her engagement.  Anyway (sometimes my stories even seem long to me!), Dee Henderson just released a novella that tells how Jennifer met her husband.  I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, since I obviously know the end of the story because I've read the other books.  But I really enjoyed it!  I would totally recommend it to those who have read the other books.

And the point of my title...if you haven't read the books stop reading now because I am definitely giving away the ending...I made the statement to Emily tonight, "It's really weird reading a book about someone who is already dead.  Except she was never alive to begin with.  But in my mind she is real, so it's really weird!" :)  Emily just nodded and was probably thinking that she is roommates with a crazy person.

No comments: