Friday, May 17, 2013

Lovin' my sister

The other day on Facebook, Daynah posted this picture, with the caption "Oh gosh, I hope not."
I don't know if she reads my blog.  And I don't have permission to re-post this, so it might get me killed.  Luckily she lives pretty far away and can't do much about it.  But this post was one of the highlights of my day.  Her comment attached to the picture so succinctly captures her personality that it made me laugh out loud.  There are many things I love about Daynah, but she is definitely not an attention grabber.  She would gladly live her entire life without ever coming to anyone's attention, especially if she is the center of it.  She is very content to sit back and observe to her heart's content.  Which sometimes makes it difficult to get inside her head.  And can sometimes make you wonder what she is thinking about all those other people who enjoy attention.  But on those rare occasions when she shares what is in her head, she usually has you laughing hysterically at her observations and insights.

Daynah...I love you.  And I love that you posted this.  And I wish I could have been there when you read that fortune and said that comment out loud, because it would have made me laugh even harder than I did when I read it.

No comments: