Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tax Returns and other things

I realized the other day that I am getting older. :) Just kidding, but I felt older when I had to click a drop down menu for my year of birth. Why did I feel older? Because I had to scroll down to get to my year of birth. Sigh.

I completed my taxes today. I love that I don't have to think about it for another year now. I'm trying to decide what to do with this return. I don't have any pressing needs. And it usually goes into savings. I think usually I use some of it to buy some new clothes for the spring. When I paid off my car I was thinking that I didn't have any big purchases that I wanted to make (well, definitely not as big as a car). But today I was contemplating big purchases. I think my last big purchase was my computer over a year ago. Since I moved into the apartment, it has been in the back of my head to recover the chairs I got from my grandma. But the whole finding a place and picking out a fabric really intimidates me, so I have procrastinated that for over two years. I also would like to purchase a new mattress within the next year. I inherited the mattress and bed that I have from Amy's parents when I moved back to Illinois. I have no idea how old the mattress is. There is nothing wrong with it, exactly, but I've thought about replacing it. So, those are my ideas. Save.
New clothes for spring.
Recover chairs.
Buy a mattress.
These are the profound things I think about on a Saturday. :)

No comments: