Friday, March 18, 2011

There's a first time for everything

There are certain things I never see happen that I'm always surprised I don't see. Like the changing over of a billboard. Or the emptying of an ATM. Or the emptying of the big blue mailboxes. Or the emptying/changing of a Redbox (okay, these haven't been around very long, but I still don't know how they get changed). I used to think that there must be underground tunnels that change them out.

Well, today I saw an ATM being emptied out or changed and a mailbox being emptied. So now I can check those things off my imaginary list!

3 comments:

Ann said...

I've never seen any of those things done either. I always wonder why you never seeing graffiti in progress or 1/2 finished. Granted, graffiti "artists" work late at night, but when I was in my 20s I drove around late at night after going to clubs and I never saw it happening. Sometimes it is in such blatantly obviously places, that you would think that either cops would catch them in the act or a passing motorists would call it in, in which case the graffiti would only be 1/2 complete bc the criminal either ran away or was apprehended mid-graffiti. It just seems to appear out of nowhere, and it is always complete, like the criminal had all the time in the world to work uninterrupted. Strange.

Ann said...

Excuse my grammar...I am tired and rushing... :P

Kat said...

I can help you out if you really want to see a billboard being changed. Andrew works for the billboard company in Peoria and could hook you up with an approximate schedule.
I've seen a billboard being changed, but never the ATM being emptied. I'm a tad jealous, AND a mailbox being emptied. You have all the luck. :)