Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A new problem I've discovered about being an adult

I realized this morning that I have started hitting my snooze 5 times for a total snooze time of 30 minutes. That means, if I stopped needing to hit the snooze button, I could technically get 30 more minutes of sleep. Well, not really because the last two snoozes are consistently making me later to work than I want to be. So, back to the title of this blog. When I was in school, I would naturally reset my body alarm every semester. By the end of the semester I might be hitting the snooze 5 times, but at the beginning of the semester, I would be back to a more manageable 2 snoozes. I think it was the newness of the semester. Or the excitement of new classes. Or simply a different schedule altogether. But, now that I'm an adult and no longer operate on a semester system, I have no natural resetting of this system within me. The only solution (obviously) that I can think of is to set my alarm 5 or 10 minutes earlier. I know, it's pathetic that my first obvious choice is not to just get up after 2 snoozes. Or maybe I should go back to school.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I can't remember the last time my alarm woke me up. Though I set it every night, "just in case!" Wish I could sleep until the alarm went off! :)

Ann said...

I often oversleep bc I "run out of" snoozes! I hit snooze so many times my alarm "assumes" I am up! I guess that's what I get for getting up at 4am after 4-5 hours of sleep per night every day for 11years. :P