Saturday, April 2, 2011

Life as I've Known it

I just walked outside in my flip-flops to take the trash to the dumpster. I love the change in shoe seasons. It was good to hear that flip-flop-flip-flop. Kind of like I love the first time I wear my clicky boots in the fall. Sorry I have been absent for the last week. This week was one of those weeks where I was just trying to survive until the end. I battled exhaustion most of the week as I recovered from the retreat weekend. I worked the longest week of work that I've worked in a long time. I won't bore you with those details because I don't really want to relive it and because I survived it so it's a moot point (insert flashback to a Friends episode where Joey says "It's a moo point. You know, like a cows opinion." This is what I think about every time I say something is a moot point.). Wednesday I closed my Wheat Thins client. It was a hard day. I had her as a client for a year and 4 months. I know I'm not supposed to have favorites, but she definitely ranks in the top 5, maybe even number 1. I talked her into admitting that she would miss therapy just a little bit :). I don't know if it counts if I had to talk her into it, but I'm counting it. As she was getting out of the car at her house she said, "Goodbye forever!" I just laughed at her. She didn't really say it in a mean way. I've also opened 4 new clients in two weeks which has added to my exhaustion. New clients take so much more energy, and it was energy I definitely did not have this week. But new clients bring new stories, so I guess that's a positive! My goal is to get more details of the retreat on here before it, too, becomes a moot point (see, same Friends clip running through my head!).

1 comment:

Ann said...

"Moo point" - LOL! I'm glad you survived your week. :)