Sunday, September 16, 2007

Comfort foods and all that they imply

Several weeks ago I was having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Knowing that some days are like that did not help, so I was wallowing in self-pity. While I was wallowing, several things came to mind to help me get out of my mood. And by things, I mean what foods I could eat to "solve" my problem. So, in my mind I started ticking off what I wanted to eat. To my dismay, I realized that none of my comfort foods are available in Peoria. I first wanted Blue Bell Birthday Cake ice cream...can only find that in the south. Then I wanted a Dr. Pepper from Sonic...closest Sonic is in Pekin (which is fairly close, but not when you're in the middle of a work day. And it would be really pathetic to drive all the way to Pekin just to go to Sonic). Then I wanted a chicken burrito from Chipotle...closest Chipotle is almost two hours away. Then I wanted Chick-fil-A nuggets with Polynesian sauce...also not available in Illinois. My mood quickly went from bad to worse. I text messaged a friend who has all four things readily available to her just so she could sympathize with me. Anyway, the point of my story (don't you just love how you had to read all of that to get to my one sentence point!) I found out on Saturday that there is now a Sonic in East Peoria and I had it for lunch today! Man, was it good! Hooray for Sonic!

8 comments:

stormhuse said...

Man, what cool friend of yours gave you the great news that there's a Sonic in East Peoria now??

Love them tater tots...

stormhuse said...

Ha! I beat JLo in the Who Can Post on Your Blog First competition...

Anonymous said...

yeah, so...

Teresa said...

Now, now...no fighting on my blog!!! And not to side with Jerelyn (because I am totally objective in this matter as long as SOMEONE posts comments on my blog), but Storm has an unfair advantage since he actually has internet at his house! And wasn't it Joe who told me there was a Sonic in East Peoria? What friend tried to talk me out of going to Sonic on Sunday???

Erika said...

It's been great reading your blogs...you're so funny....Hope you are doing well.

stormhuse said...

Whoa - I was the one who brought up the Sonic in EP, Joe just knew where it was... And I was just being a nice person and making sure that everyone was cool with going to Sonic... and it's not my fault that Jerelyn doesn't have internet access at home.

Ok, I think that's it.

Hols said...

When you visit in November, you'll be glad to know that there's a Sonic right across from the hospital. I sent my hubby on a run after I had Nathan. It's not just a comfort food for me, it's a "Gotta have all the time food". Can't get away from their Route 44 Strawberry Fresh Fruit Slush!

Whitney said...

I am having a catch up on Teresa session. I will verify the Sonic in East Peo and I even had a cream slush there. I echo the Chick-fil-A and Chipotle. There is a Quedoba in Bloomington that is very close to Chipotle...maybe I should stop talking about food and go make dinner. :)