Monday, September 17, 2007

The Non-Spectating Aspect of My Life

I totally played ultimate frisbee on Saturday morning. No, no one has hijacked my blog and posted a false statement. I have 9 other people who can verify the story. And if you talk to the right people, they would even tell you that I was the one to suggest getting a group together to play. I know, sometimes I even baffle myself. So, I thought I'd enlighten everyone on other things that I am willing to play and not spectate. I've learned that I am willing to play most sports with kids because I play at about their level. I regularly play basketball and pool with several of my male adolescent clients. I have played soccer with a five year old. I love to play darts (although I am very inconsistent in my ability). I like to mini golf. I will play badmitton. Ping-pong is great fun. Okay, I realize that most of those things are not necessarily considered sports, I'm just trying to let you know what I play! I guess I should clarify that I am really bad at most of these things. For instance my earlier statement about playing ultimate frisbee might better be stated as I mostly spectated from the field since I didn't contribute very much to the game. But I still had fun. Except being sore two days later...not so much fun. And I should also clarify that I still choose when I play all these things. There are some days that I might only be willing to spectate. There you go, now you know the rules on the non-spectating aspect of my life!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

So, if I comment first, do I win the Who Can Post on Teresa's Blog first competition? Just trying to clarify the rules!

stormhuse said...

No! Rules clearly state that the competition does not include the author of the blog since they clearly have an advantage over their readers. You need to brush up on your rule book!

Good job on playing Saturday. And don't sell yourself short, you played very well and contributed to the, well, limited success of your team. It's not your fault that the opposing team just had too much talent. Plus we had international players...