Thursday, September 13, 2007

Downside to the Colder Weather

I posted the other day about how excited I am that it is getting colder, and don't get me wrong, I am still ecstatic, but I have found one downside. I have been sleeping with the windows open and the fans on all week, thoroughly enjoying the cool air, but last night I was a little too cold with the fans on, so I decided to turn them off. Well, I bought a fan for my window at the beginning of the summer. Long story short, it makes a lot of noise. I knew that I was going to be in trouble when it came to not using the fan anymore because it creates a whole lot of white noise. Well, I had my initiation last night. I couldn't fall asleep because I could hear the highway noise outside the window (we live sort of close to the highway, but not really that close) and the bugs and the cars going by...

Okay, so now a wonderful side note to my extremely engrossing story! While I was in Guatemala I was given the award of "Most Likely to be Suffocated in the Middle of the Night" because my team members learned that I sleep with a pillow over my head. I've been doing this since I was a freshman in college to help block out noise, light, etc. So, for those of you who think that I could suffocate, you might not want to read the rest of my story...

And back to the regularly scheduled programming...So, even with one pillow over my head I could still hear all of these noises going on. To compensate, I put an EXTRA pillow over my head (yes that means two!) which is not the first time I have done this. But I still couldn't fall asleep because I still felt like I could hear too much noise. So, I finally gave up and turned the fan back on. The blessed whirring of the fan lulled me right to sleep! I am in so much trouble when it really starts getting cold! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you please change that ugly orange arrow that appears on the left side of the title for each posting?!! It is really starting to annoy me! If you don't change it soon, I'm not sure if I can keep reading your blogs!!

Teresa said...

ha ha. I don't know what you're talking about. I chose that color on purpose to match the other colors of my blog. Do you not think that they match?

stormhuse said...

A) there's times I wish you had a heavier pillow over your head.

B) you win the blog posting competition, because I'm too tired and I'm still basking in the glow from my win at our stubborness competition tonight.

C) had fun hanging out with you guys tonight - thanks for letting me crash the party and sit between you guys.

D) I'm totally the same way when it comes to sleeping with a fan on... I need the constant noise to sleep and leave it on all year long.

Teresa said...

Storm, just to clarify...you can't say "our" stubborness competition because I was not competing. I just wasn't cold until I put my sweatshirt on. But if you need to be all macho and claim that you can go without a coat longer than me, than you can keep telling yourself that you won! And thanks for clarifying that you had fun because boy did you look bored most of the time.