Sunday, September 9, 2007

Further Confessions of a Boring Road Trip

Okay, I promised a posting on my return trip home, but I feel like I need to warn you: it was even more uneventful then the way to my mom's! I didn't have any phone calls I needed to make, so this trip was spent with me having to totally entertain myself. I couldn't settle on a radio station or CD, so I finally had to find something else to occupy my time. I've always loved reading signs, so in my state of boredom, I found some signs highly amusing (which when you read them probably won't be funny at all, but I never promised my blog would be funny all the time!) I passed one exit that had two choices of food: Taco Time or Bozo's Hot Dogs. No McDonalds, Subway, or Arby's, just Taco Time and Bozo's Hot Dogs. The next exit had a restaurant called Hanks Farm--Casual Dining! I really laughed at that one, because I thought I would get an elegant, formal dining experience at Hanks Farm! Next I saw a construction sign that said "MOVE OVER NOW <--" Now, if that wasn't unique enough, I laughed because the lane didn't actually merge for another 2 or 3 miles. I'm also fascinated by road names, and tonight a saw a road called Yankee Rd that was just before Coon Creek. I just thought that was funny because Coon Creek sounds very southern to me! (have you noticed yet how lame my humor is when I'm by myself...it doesn't take much to amuse me!) Last, did you know that you can stop for coffee in Chillicothe at Chillicoffee! How clever is that for a coffee shop name! Oh, and just a random question I had, how come firemen always have a pancake breakfast? Why not have a french toast breakfast or a waffle breakfast!

Oh, and just so everyone is aware, I was really excited to find out that gas is 10-15 cents cheaper in Peoria than in Chicago. Be excited about that, but don't ask me how much it is in Texas because you'll just be sad again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just like you in that it takes very little to amuse me. I've always gotten a big kick out of "Chillicoffee." That is so creative!