Friday, September 7, 2007

Randomness from my Road Trip

I like road trips when I'm not the one driving and have someone to talk to. So, when I drive the 3 hours to see my mom, I like random things to entertain me. My trip this evening was actually fairly uneventful, so I will probably add commentary from previous trips to keep this more entertaining. I started out my trip on 29. The sun was shining in the drivers side window, so I decided to move my visor that way. In case you tall people didn't know, visors don't work well for short people, so I just had to put up with the sun (don't worry, I'm used to it!) Here are some random numbers from my triip:

--3 dropped calls (I've learned lonely roadtrips are the perfect time to catch up with friends. Unfortunately, driving through the middle of nowhere, my cell phone doesn't always cooperate!)
--2 tollbooths (without any mishaps. The first time I came to see my mom, she thought it would be useful to let me know not to go through the I-Pass lane, to which I gave a very snotty remark about being an adult and not being stupid. Sadly, I had to apologize when I got to the house because I had missed the turn off to pay cash. Had to mail the toll in after I got home so I wouldn't get a ticket. Note to self--don't be snotty to mom.)
--3 cops, two of which had their lights on, thankfully none were coming after me
--1 time through the Taylor Swift CD
--1 time through an old school Brad Paisley, possibly his first CD but I can't think of the title
--I stopped counting the bugs on my windshield after 10, but I'm estimating more like 100. By the time I pulled into my mom's driveway, I was having trouble seeing out the windshield.
--0 bathroom breaks!!!! (okay, I have to admit, I should have stopped about half-way into my trip, but I was too lazy and I was already planning on blogging about my trip and wanted to be able to say I didn't stop to go to the bathroom. When I got to the house, I hugged my mom and ran to the bathroom)
--3/4 a bottle of water (which didn't help the bathroom matter)

The saddest part of the trip was that there were no good bands playing at Twister's in Lacon. It's normally the highlight of my trip. My first time through Lacon, White Trash Mafia was playing. Who wouldn't want to stop to see White Trash Mafia play?! Okay, so I've never been to Twisters and never plan on going, but the sign amuses me!

Stay tuned for randomness on my way home...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make everything entertaining! I love it!

Teresa said...

awww...you're so sweet! Either that or I make everything vastly annoying! There's a fine line between entertaining and annoying that I think I have to cross at least once a week!