Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Rest

At the end of a very chaotic day with the anticipation of tomorrow being just as chaotic, a friend pointed me to a few verses in Scripture from one of my favorite Psalms. As a girl, my emotions often go on random roller coaster rides (and most of the time I don't volunteer to go on these rides!) I needed these verses more than I realized and wanted to share God's perspective when my life seems overwhelming and chaotic: "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken...Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge... you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving." Psalm 62: 1-2, 5-8, 11-12. Praise the Lord I have a God I can trust in at all times, who will be my rock when I feel like everything around me is constantly changing, who I can go to in order to find rest when I am weary!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for blogging those verses of truth, comfort, and encouragement! I also need the reminder as I strive to orient my life, desires, attitudes, and perspectives on the Lord and eternity.