Monday, September 17, 2007

Not so To-Do Lists and Procrastination

Things I did not accomplish today:
  • laundry
  • clean room (and by clean I mean do something with the pile of clothes on my floor, unpack from seeing my mom last weekend, put away games from Labor Day weekend, unpack my bathing suit and towel from the bag from the Luau, put my shoes in the closet where they belong, etc.)
  • balance checkbook
  • read for discipleship group (but I still have three more days to get that done)
  • call my mom's friend with info that she needs
  • return several emails that have been in my inbox for over a week
  • get gasoline for my car
  • go to the store for shampoo and conditioner (don't worry, I'm not out yet, but I will be by the end of the week if I don't get any soon)

Productive things I did today:

  • Went to work (I even worked a little over 8 hours)
  • Attended a meeting at church (which lasted two hours and has a little to do with why some of the things above did not get accomplished)
  • Returned several phone calls to people who have left at least 3 messages
  • Posted two blog entries (I never claimed this list was about things I needed to be productive with)
  • Said hello to at least 75% of my family (I never saw Amy today) and two random people that apparently stayed in my house last night even though I had no clue they were here (that's what happens when you leave your house for church in the morning, stop by to change after lunch, and don't get home until after 11pm)
  • Sort of ate dinner with the family ( the 30 minutes I was home before my meeting just happened to be during dinner time...steak no less...great job Dad! And I say sort of because I really ate in 3 minutes standing at the counter before anyone else did, but the family was in the kitchen with me!)
  • Procrastinated doing the things I really need to get done. Let's face it, if I hadn't just typed this blog entry, I could have at least cleaned the pile of clothes off the floor. If no one hears from me tomorrow its because I've been buried under the clothes and I couldn't find a way to escape!

1 comment:

stormhuse said...

Winner.

I procrastinate, but I don't still have to unpack from the LUAU! You're taking procrastination to a whole new level...