Saturday, September 29, 2007

Oy with the poodles already!

I have been home by myself all day...doing nothing, but entertaining myself in many ways. My family is gone, most of my friends are off doing other things, so I have been left to my own devices. Scary thought, I know. Well, actually I had company for two episodes of Gilmore Girls : ). Which started me thinking of some of my favorite Gilmore Girls quotes. My top one is "Oy with the poodles already!" A brilliant new catchphrase that Lorelai creates when she decides that "oy" and "poodles" are two of the funniest words in the English language. Another is "Stupid bowls of soup." This is the end of a conversation that Lorelai and Rory are having about guys where Rory decides that guys and girls are nothing alike so they can't be compared like Mars and Venus (they are both planets). She decides its more like comparing Mars and bowls of soup.

What else have I done today, you ask? Hmmm...I slept until a little after 9, then I stayed in bed until 12, and only got out of bed because the aforementioned friend was on her way over...skipped breakfast, but ate lunch....watched some tv (CMT's Top 20 countdown and last night's episode of Numbers)...searched for random things on the internet...contemplated going to rent a couple of movies (am still contemplating, but the biggest drawback is that requires actually getting dressed)...text messaged friends who are off doing fun things without me...coughed and hacked a lot (still a little sick, so it's a good thing I get the house to myself to rest)...decided I shouldn't play volleyball tomorrow since I'm still not feeling well...got out of my pjs long enough to rent a movie, but got back in my pjs as soon as I got home...talked to the cats several times (very interesting, stimulating conversation!)...watched the movie I rented...and am now typing this : )

Weirdest text message of the day was from a friend who was at the fair. It read: "we are about to watch a goat costume contest"

Funniest conversation I had: I called a fellow GG fan to find out what season and possibly what episode the "oy with the poodles already" was quoted in. She couldn't remember. When I asked what she thought the context of the episode might have been, she said that it was during a Friday night dinner. Now, those of you who watch GG know that Friday night dinner happens in just about every episode for all seven seasons. So, that narrowed it down for me a lot! I finally googled it. It took some doing, but I found out it is in the last episode of season 2 (in case anyone was dying to know!)

It has been a completely uneventful day...and I have loved every minute of it!

9 comments:

Hols said...

You've Got Mail still has the best one liners ever! There was the conversation about the zipperman, the daisies, and of cours "152 insights into my soul"! And I'd have to say that you could put Meg Ryan up for a run for her money with all the random one-liners you've had in this blog!Makes me laugh...Out loud!

Erika said...

Yeah! Gilmore Girls rock...I'm asking for the Dvd's for christmas...i believe i never really saw season 6, 7.

Teresa said...

Holly, you're so right! I SO should work some You've Got Mail quotes into my blog! You're a genius!

Anonymous said...

Dude, Gilmore Girls is totally my favorite show ever! I own every season on DVD and can't wait until Season 7 comes out on DVD. I will be first in line to buy it!

Andrew and Diana said...

I have pictures of the goat costume contest. It was fun! Wished you were there...

julie said...

"oy(e?) with the poodles already" is an insanely versitle phrase, and i think it in my head on a semi-regular basis.
also, the puff episode and the family-members burial episodes (i believe are both in season 2) always make me laugh a lot.
and the lettuce essence quote is quite useful.

now, the question was: was storm being serious?

Teresa said...

while I know Storm has watched GG, I sense a little bit of sarcasm there : )

stormhuse said...

Yep, we've got a comedian... my guess is J-Lo, but who knows. Fortunately for me GG is my favorite show of all time, and I do have all the seasons on DVD, so that works out well.

Just remember, blue is me, black is stalker.

Anonymous said...

What? Why am I getting blamed for comments that you leave?! I claim my comments!!