Friday, September 21, 2007

I've Been Out-Stubborned

No comments on whether out-stubborned is a word. I'm making it one. Blog rules clearly state that the author can write whatever she wants, which includes making up her own words!

At work I am one of three therapists (not including our boss) on the FBI team (Family Based Intervention, not the other FBI). FBI is a division of Family Preservation. At the beginning of the week we got committee assignments for the next year. Under the team retreat committee it listed two names and then said a representative from FBI to be announced. When Julie, Stephanie, and I saw this we each started naming one of the others for the position and then giving all the wonderful excuses why we couldn't be on the committee. Then we dropped the subject until later in the week when the committee was meeting and we had someone come into the office to try to talk us into joining. Stephanie and I both voted for Julie since she was currently out of the office, but still refused to join the committee. The climatic ending to this story...Julie and Stephanie are apparently even more stubborn than I am! So, don't go trying to talk them into joining facebook or playing volleyball! I am now currently taking lessons on a daily basis to enhance my stubbornness skills. Apparently I need a refresher.

1 comment:

stormhuse said...

You stubborn? For real?? Who would've thunk it?

(winner)