Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Talking to Cats

I will be the first to admit that I regularly talk to my cats. But sometimes I think our "conversations" are extremely funny. Tonight while I was doing laundry, Isabell was sitting on the floor by the dryer. Here is the conversation we had:

me: Isabell, how are you doing?
Isabell: blank stare, blink, blink, blank stare, look away
me: Really, that good. I'm glad to hear it.
Isabell: no eye contact (she plays the ignoring game very well)

Why I would pretend that she had actually answered me, I'm not really sure. But just for the record, it's not the first or the last time I will have this same exact conversation with her. Now, when I have this conversation with Samson, he will sometimes reply with a meow or a rub against the leg.

3 comments:

stormhuse said...

You might want to think about medication...

Teresa said...

Just call me the cat whisperer!

stormhuse said...

Um, I'd rather not.