Saturday, September 22, 2007

A GREAT (Insert sarcasm here) Night's Sleep

So, I've been spoiled this week because I have been sleeping really well (for me anyway). Last night I get home and am getting ready for bed thinking how great it is that it's Friday and I don't have to be anywhere in the morning, so I can sleep in. I was extremely tired for some reason, and turned my light off around 11:30pm. Of course, I had to adjust to the normal obnoxious light shining in both of my windows (really, you'd think I would get used to it, but I haven't yet). It was also really hot in my room. I don't think it cooled off until after 2am. Anyway, around 2:30am, after my third (possibly fourth, it's kind of hard to keep track when delirious from no sleep) bathroom break, I started getting a little frustrated! I finally closed the shade that lets in the most obnoxious light, even though I'm pretty sure it made my room even hotter. So, I think I finally fell asleep around 3. The upside to this boring story is that I think I slept pretty good until about 8:30 and finally rolled out of bed at 9:30. Oh, wait, that's not completely accurate. I did wake up around 5 and decided to add the second pillow over my head to ensure that I might sleep longer than 6:30 or 7. I think it worked! Alright, seriously, I have errands I have to run, chores I have to do, laundry to put away, and I still haven't balanced my checkbook. Who was it that told me I should start a blog? I'd like to have a few words with this person...

3 comments:

stormhuse said...

Wow. Where do I start?

(winner)

Teresa said...

You start with..."oh, you poor thing. I don't have any trouble falling asleep wherever, whenever." Because you would SO rub that in after I've had a bad nights sleep!

stormhuse said...

That is true... I would consider myself a light sleeper at home, but have the inate ability to fall asleep anywhere... it's a gift. And/or a disease.