Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Mosquitos and other random thoughts

Today I was distracted by two mosquito bites on my feet. One was on the bottom of my foot and one was on the top of my foot right where my flip flops hit. Needless to say, they were itching BADLY. Sometimes my line of thinking is very sporadic and irrational, but my mosquito bites brought up a deep theological question that I don't know the answer to. Do you think Adam and Eve got bit by mosquitos or stung by bees while in the Garden of Eden? Did God create mosquitos after the fall? Or did Adam and Eve just not have the allergen that makes a mosquito bite itch? Hmmm...it still makes me wonder. Just wondering what everyone else might think (well, all five of you that I know read my blog anyway!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa, this question still has me stumped. It had never occurred to me until we started talking about it at work. I'd like to think it would be one of those questions we could ask God when we get to heaven, but I think we'll just be on our faces before Him!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I think that mosquitos were created before the fall. But I think they were either sleeping or in hibernation until after the fall. No biting or peskyness (is that a word?) until after the fall. I'm sure of it (well, maybe I better check with God when I get to heaven)! Darn it Eve! Why did you have to sin?!

Hols said...

Okay...If I had known you had a blog, I wouldn't feel so out of the loop> I love being able to keep up with you and all your lovely randomness. I do miss you here in GA! As far as the mosquitos... I just can't stand them. Hate it for your big toe!