Thursday, September 6, 2007

Prayer for friends

Most of you know that I recently spent a week in Guatemala at an orphanage. Among the team members that went, I was able to meet and get to know two precious couples who are actually adopting from the orphanage that we were at. Whitney and Amy both have blogs that chronicle their adoption process. In reading their blogs today, I felt a special burden to pray for their families and the little ones they are waiting to bring home. God has taught me so much about the adoption process through these families and about His grace and sufficiency to face each new day. "God, I lift up Daniel, Whitney, Hannah, Austin, and Noah to you as they wait for Ellie to come home. She is so precious to them and I know there are many days that they are frustrated and discouraged at how long of a process adoption is. Father bless them this weekend with incredible peace. Continue to send people to Eagles Nest who can love on Ellie and send reports and pictures back so that they can have glimpses of her sweet face regularly. Put a protective hedge around Ellie while she is away from Daniel and Whitney. Continue to remind her of the family she belongs to. God, I lift up Ken, Amy, Allison, Joel, Daniel, Natalie, Molly, and Brandon to you. I praise You for the call you have placed on their life to bring a seventh precious child into their home to be loved on and blessed abundantly. I thank you for the example Ken and Amy have been to me as I have watched them hit what appears to us to be roadblocks, but in reality is Your special provision. Help them to know Your peace as they wait for a referral. Bring that special baby that will fit so well into their family into their lives. I thank and praise you for being Sovereign and Loving and Righteous in all things! Amen!"

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Thanks for your sweet prayers and encouragement! It has been so great getting to know you as we prepared for and went on the mission trip!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for those prayers which express my heart too! May encouragement come to the Bennetts and Parks as they wait.